2 oz. mixed pineapple and cranberry juice, chilled2 oz. Sprite, chilled1 ¼ oz. shot Malibu…
1 c. chilled yam puree (fresh or canned)
¾ c. buttermilk
2 ¼ c. flour
2 T. light brown sugar
2 ½ t. baking powder
½ t. baking soda
1 t. kosher salt
1 stick cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes plus 1 T. melted butter for brushing
Honey, for drizzling, optional
1. Preheat oven 400. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In small bowl, whisk yam puree with buttermilk.
3. In large bowl, whisk flour with brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
4. Sprinkle the cubed butter over the dry ingredients. Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut butter into the flour until mixture resembles very coarse crumbs, with some pea-size pieces of butter remaining.
5. Stir in yam mixture just until a soft dough forms.
6. Turn dough out onto a floured work space. Pat into 1” thick round.
7. Using 2” round biscuit cutter, stamp out as many biscuits as you can. Gently press scraps together and stamp out more biscuits.
8. Arrange biscuits on baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Brush with melted butter. Drizzle with sweet honey, optional.
*****Makes about 14 biscuits. If you ever have leftover baked yams, take the pulp and make your puree. Refrigerate until needed or freeze.