CREAMY BERRY-MANGO-ALMOND SHAKE4 c. hulled fresh strawberries, halved1 ½ c. good quality vanilla frozen yogurt,…
4 c. vegetable oil
3 c. flour
2 c. whole milk
1 T. baking powder
1 T. Tony Chachere’s Creole seasoning
1 t. minced garlic
1 t. dried thyme
1 t. Tabasco or to taste
1 t. salt
1 lb. cooked crawfish tails, chopped
1 (15.25-oz.) can corn, drained
¼ c. minced parsley
¼ c. chopped green onion
Catsup, Tartar Sauce, Remoulade Sauce, or your favorite dipping sauce
1. In large pot, heat oil over medium heat to reach 350 degrees on deep-fry thermometer.
2. In large bowl, stir together flour, milk, baking powder, Creole seasoning, garlic, thyme, Tabasco and salt until a batter is formed.
3. Stir in crawfish, corn, parsley and green onion. Mix well.
4. In batches, carefully drop batter by ¼ cupfuls into hot oil.
5. Cook until balls float to top, turn and cook another 5 minutes or until browned.
6. Drain on paper towels and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
*****I like to add finely chopped jalapenos to the mix sometimes.