White Beans, Pickled Pork, Sausage and Rice
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 2 lb. bag dried navy beans
- 1 (8-oz.) container Pico de Gallo
- 8 oz. container of chopped onion mix
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 lb. sliced pickled pork meat
- 1 lb. smoked hot or mild pork sausage
- Salt (not too much since your meats have lots of salt)
- Red/black pepper and garlic powder
- Cooked Rice
- In large pot, place beans.
- Add the pico, onion, bay leaves, meats and seasoning to beans.
- Cover with water almost to top of pot. Make sure all is covered in water.
- Simmer on low heat and stir occasionally until beans become tender and dish thickens up somewhat.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Serve over hot steamed rice.
*****With leftover white beans, I place my immersion blender and make a nice white bean soup.