SIMPLY IRRESISTIBLE SMOKY GRILLED VEGGIESSoaked wood chips4 ears of sweet corn, shucked1 of each color…
WASTE-NOTHING SHAKER LEMON PIE
2 large lemons, ends trimmed and discarded, halved lengthwise, sliced as thinly as possible, then chopped
2 c. sugar
2 (9”) Pillsbury pie crusts (refrigerated type)
1 egg yolk
1 T. flour
½ t. salt
- Layer lemons and sugar in bowl, cover and macerate 24 hours, stirring occasionally to distribute the sugar.
- Keep pie crusts chilled.
- Preheat oven 450 with rack in lowest position.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly coat 9” pie plate with PAM.
- Take one pie crust and lightly flour a surface and just roll crust to 1/8” inch.
- Transfer crust to pie plate and trim overhang and chill again.
- Whisk together 3 eggs, 1 yolk, flour and salt.
- Stir in lemons.
- Pour mixture into pie shell and chill while rolling second dough in flour like the other crust.
- Cut slits to vent and center on top of pie.
- Trim overhang and roll edges under and crimp.
- Brush to of pie with cream and sprinkle with fine sugar.
- Set pie on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes, then reduce temp to 375 and bake until filling slightly jiggles, about 20-25 minutes.
- Cool pie completely before slicing.