CREAMIEST ORANGE DREAMSICLE SMOOTHIE1 c. Greek yogurt2/3 c. ice cubes½ c. chopped peeled ripe mango,…
VIDALIA ONIONS NESTLED IN PORTABELLA MUSHROOM CAPS
2-4 large portabella mushroom caps, remove stem and gills
2-4 large Vidalia onions, outer peeling off and core the center
4-8 whole garlic cloves
4 hickory-thick sliced bacon, cut in half
1 (8-oz.) fresh pico de gallo
Kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder
- In a large baking casserole dish which has a glass see through top/cover (like corning ware), spray with PAM.
- Preheat oven 350.
- Take the cleaned mushroom cap and place in bottom of baking dish (bottom side of mushroom facing up.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Nestle the onion in the center of the mushroom cap.
- Place 1-2 whole garlic cloves in the cored center of the onion.
- Drizzle more olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Take the two halves of bacon and criss-cross on top of the onion.
- Sprinkle the pico all over the dish.
- Drizzle a little more olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover with glass top and bake in oven for 20-30 minutes or until bacon is cooked and onion is tender.
*The reason I like the glass top, because you can see it cooking and the steam helps. If you cover with foil, and keep removing foil it lets steam escape and will become dry and take longer to cook. You can also fill the cored out part with different things from meats, seafood, veggies, etc. This depends on how big you core the hole. I just do a little one to fit the garlic.