ALICE’S SEAFOOD CHOWDER3 sticks butter¼ c. minced garlic2 large onions, chopped2 green bell peppers, chopped4-6…
½ (14.1-oz.) pkg. refrigerated piecrusts
1 T. powdered sugar
4 large eggs
1 ½ c. firmly packed light brown sugar
½ c. butter, melted and cooled to room temp
½ c. sugar
½ c. chopped pecans
2 T. flour
2 T. milk
1 ½ t bourbon
1 ½ c. pecan halves
1. Preheat oven 325.
2. Fit piecrust into 10” cast-iron skillet.
3. Sprinkle piecrust with powdered sugar.
4. Whisk eggs in bowl until foamy. Whisk in brown sugar, butter, sugar, pecans, flour, milk, bourbon.
5. Pour mixture into piecrust.
6. Top with pecan halves.
7. Bake for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 300 and bake 30 more minutes.
8. Turn oven off and let pie stand in oven, with door closed for 3 hours.
*****You can substitute vanilla for the bourbon, if desired.