UNIQUE JALAPENO POPPER POTATO SALAD
3 lbs. Russet potatoes, chopped
6 slices good quality bacon
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1 c. Miracle Whip or mayo
¼ c. chopped pickled jalapenos, plus 2 T. of the brine
3 T. mustard
4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
4 green onions, thinly sliced (extra for garnish)
¼ c. sweet pickle relish
Salt/black pepper to taste
- Put potatoes in large pot and add enough water that covers them by at least 2 inches.
- Add about ¼ c. kosher salt to water. Boil and cook until tender, about 12-15 minutes.
- Drain, return to pot and mash the potatoes (or do a rough chop, if you prefer).
- Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Drain on paper towel and then chop.
- Place potatoes in large bowl.
- Add half of bacon, cheese, mayo, pickled jalapenos and brine, mustard, eggs, green onions, pickle relish, salt and pepper. Fold everything together.
- Taste for seasonings.
- Serve warm or refrigerate to chill.
- Top with remaining bacon and green onions.