DELICIOUS BERRY GRATIN WITH CHAMPAGNE SABAYON1-2 c. fresh mixed berries (strawberry, blueberry, raspberry)3 T. sparkling…
UNIQUE JALAPENO-CHEESY SCONES
3 ¼ c. flour, plus more for dusting
4 t. baking powder
1 t. kosher salt
1 stick cold butter, cut into pieces
½ c. sliced pickled jalapenos, chopped
1 T. brine from pickled jalapeno jar
2 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 c. heavy cream, plus more if needed
- Preheat oven 400.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
- Add butter and with pastry blender cut butter into dry ingredients until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add jalapenos, 2/3 of cheese and toss to coat.
- Mix heavy cream, egg and brine in another bowl.
- Add the cream mixture to flour mixture, stir gently with fork until combined.
- The dough will be crumbly, if it is too crumbly to work with, splash in small amount of heavy cream.
- Turn out the dough onto a floured surface and lightly press it together into a rough rectangle.
- With a rolling pin roll into 8×12” rectangle (use hands if need be).
- Trim edges with knife.
- Cut the dough in half crosswise, then cut lengthwise into quarters to make 8 rectangles.
- Cut each rectangle in half diagonally to make 16 triangles.
- Transfer scones to parchment-lined baking sheet and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake until lightly golden and cheese is beginning to brown, 20-30 minutes.
- Let cool 15 minutes on baking sheet, then transfer to rack to cool completely.