HEAVENLY SWEET HUSH PUPPIESVegetable oil, for frying1 ¾ c. yellow cornmeal¾ c. flour2 t. baking…
UNIQUE BUTTERNUT QUESO FUNDIDO
1 c. diced red onion
2 T. flour
¼ c. chicken stock
1 (10-oz.) pkg. butternut squash cubes, puree the squash
1 T. minced chipotle chile in adobo sauce, plus 2 T. adobo sauce
1 c. shredded Oaxaca or Mozzarella cheese, divided
1 c. shredded 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese, divided
1/3 c. very thinly sliced radishes
¼ c. fresh cilantro leaves
¼ c. sliced green onions
1-2 thinly sliced fresh jalapenos, seeded
Veggies, for dipping
- Pour oil in bottom of cast-iron skillet to cover bottom and place over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until soft.
- Add flour, cook 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add stock, squash (puree squash in food processor), chipotle and adobo sauce.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add ½ of Oaxaca and Mexican-blend cheese.
- Cook, stirring until cheese melts.
- Preheat oven to HIGH on broiler.
- Sprinkle remaining cheeses over the top.
- Broil for 2 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.
- Top with radishes, cilantro, green onion and jalapenos.
- Serve with chips or favorite veggies.