Stuffed Piquante Peppers Save Print Recipe By: Alice Morrow Ingredients Assorted colors of…
1 c. plain coconut water
½ c. sugar
1 (10-oz.) fresh mango, peeled and diced
1 c. Greek yogurt
1 c. coconut milk
1 T. fresh lemon juice
2 T. shredded unsweetened coconut
1. In saucepan, combine the coconut water and sugar and bring to a boil.
2. Cook until reduced to ¾ c. Let the sugar syrup cool.
3. In blender or food processor, puree diced mango with 2 T. of sugar syrup.
4. Transfer ¼ c. of puree to bowl and whisk in yogurt, coconut milk, lemon juice and remaining sugar syrup.
5. Pour mixture into glass baking dish and freeze until frozen around edges, about 1 hour.
6. Whisk mixture to break up clumps and return to freezer. Freeze about 2 hours longer, whisking frequently, until mixture is nearly frozen.
7. Spread remaining mango puree on top and using butter knife, swirl into the yogurt. Freeze until nearly solid.
8. In small skillet, toast shredded coconut over moderate heat and stir constantly until golden.
9. Transfer coconut to plate and let cool.
10. To serve: Scoop frozen yogurt into bowls and top with toasted coconut.
11. Alternatively, in tall glass, layer the coconut between small scoops of frozen yogurt.