WONDERFUL RANCHEROS BURRITOS1 medium onion, chopped4 plum tomatoes, slicedOlive oil½ chipotle chile canned in adobo…
THE BIG EASY MUFFALETTA
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 1 c. green Italian olives, pitted, chopped
- 1 c. chopped sun-dried tomatoes (packed in olive oil, drained)
- 2 T. capers, drained
- 3 T. minced garlic
- 1 T. chopped fresh oregano
- 1 t. black pepper
- 2 T. balsamic vinegar
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large round loaf, Italian bread, about 7” in diameter
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced, separated into rings
- ¼ lb. thinly sliced mozzarella
- ¼ lb. thinly sliced salami
- ¼ lb. thinly sliced ham
- ¼ lb. thinly sliced provolone
- ¼ lb. thinly sliced mortadella
- Mix the chopped olives and next 6 ingredients. Stir in olive oil.
- Store tightly covered, in refrigerator at least 12 hours. Can be made up to 1 week in advance.
- Cut bread in half horizontally.
- Remove bread from top and bottom to hollow out the bread.
- Spread half of olive mixture, with liquid on bottom half of bread, then half of onion rings.
- Next layer the cheese and cold cuts as listed above.
- Top with remaining onion slices and remaining olive mixture.
- Wrap tightly, store in refrigerator. Can be made 6 hours ahead.
- Return to room temperature before serving.
- Cut into wedges. Serves 6.