EASY HOMEMADE IRISH CREAM1 T. instant espresso powder1 T. best-quality Dutch-process cocoa powder1 (14-oz.) can…
Spinach and Cheese Pinwheels
|Spinach and Cheese Pinwheels|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 1 egg
- 1 T. water
- ½ c. shredded Gouda, Gruyere, Swiss, or Muenster Cheese or your favorite cheese
- ¼ c. fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1-2 chopped green onion
- 1 small jar chopped pimento, drained, optional
- ¼ t. garlic powder
- All purpose flour
- ½ of (17.3 oz.) pkg. Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet, thawed in refrigerator)
- 1 pkg. (10-oz.0 frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- Heat oven 400. Beat egg and water in small bowl.
- Mix the shredded cheese, parmesan cheese, onion, pimento, spinach and garlic powder in medium bowl.
- Sprinkle flour on work surface. Unfold pastry sheets on work surface.
- Brush pastry sheet with egg mixture.
- Top with the cheese/spinach mixture.
- Starting at short side, roll up like a jelly roll.
- Cut into about 20 (1/2”) slices. Place slices, cut-side down, onto 2 baking sheets that are sprayed with PAM. Brush top with egg mixture.
- Bake 15 minutes or until pastries are golden brown. Remove from oven and baking sheets and let cool on wire racks for 8 minutes.
*****Be sure that the spinach is completely dry. If any moisture is there, they will be soggy. You can change up the cheeses, chopped veggies, add chopped meats or crumbled sausage, bacon, etc. Use your imagination! I serve these as hot appetizers or great for brunch items.
This Post Has 0 Comments