|Alice's Easy Shrimp, Crab and Corn Chowder|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 1 lb. lump crabmeat or backfin, picked for shells
- 1 ½ lbs. small shrimp (if too big, cut into pieces)
- 2 large chopped onions
- 1 stick butter
- 4 c. of chicken stock or 6 chicken bouillon cubes dissolved in 5 c. of warm water
- 1 (14-oz.) can Mexicorn, drained
- 2 (14-oz.) cans White Shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 can Ro-Tel
- ½ c. flour
- 2-3 c. half and half, can be fat-free
- Salt, black pepper and garlic powder to taste
- Chopped green onions, garnish
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add onions and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add flour and blend over medium heat.
- Add the stock and stir constantly to avoid lumping and sticking.
- Cook until thick and smooth.
- Add the shrimp, corn, Ro-tel and simmer until shrimp turn pink and cooked.
- Add the milk to the desired thickness you like.
- Add the crabmeat.
- Taste for seasoning. Let simmer for another 15-20 minutes. Serve hot.
- When serving, sprinkle with chopped green onions.
*****You can substitute crawfish if you like or do any combination of seafood. If you prefer to sauté your shrimp or crawfish before adding, just cook it in a little olive oil in a sauté pan and then add as usual in the above recipe.