AWESOME SATSUMA MULE2 c. ice1 (750-ml) bottle Gingeroo*¾ c. fresh satsuma juice2 T. fresh lime…
|Spinach and Artichoke Casserole|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 2(10-oz.) boxes frozen chopped spinach, cooked as directed and drained
- 4 T. butter
- 2 T. flour
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 T. minced garlic
- ½ c. heavy cream
- ½ c. reserved artichoke heart liquid
- 1 (8-oz.) carton sliced mushrooms
- 1 (15-oz.) can artichoke hearts, cut in pieces and drained, saving liquid
- Salt, red/black pepper, garlic powder
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 c. Miracle Whip or mayo
- ¼ c. fresh lemon juice
- Cook spinach, as directed, drained.
- Melt butter in pan. Add flour, stir until blended and smooth, not browned.
- Add onion, garlic, and mushrooms and cook until soft.
- Add artichoke liquid and continue stirring to avoid lumps.
- Add cream and continue stirring until well blended and smooth. Cook until thick.
- Add spinach. Season to taste.
- Place artichoke hearts pieces in bottom of greased baking dish.
- Pour spinach mixture over the top.
- Mix sour cream, mayo and lemon juice. Pour this over the spinach mixture.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 350 uncovered until hot and bubbly.
*****Leftovers are great to stuff mushrooms.