CHOCOLATE BRIOCHE BREAD PUDDING WITH PRALINE SAUCEPRALINE SAUCE:½ c. firmly packed dark brown sugar¼ c.…
3 c. cinnamon graham cracker crumbs, divided
½ c. butter, melted
¼ t. ground red pepper
1 (4-oz.) semisweet chocolate baking bar, finely chopped
1 (3.5-oz.) pkg. roasted glazed pecan pieces
1 pt. chocolate ice cream, softened
1 pt. coffee ice cream, softened
1 c. whipping cream
¼ c. coffee liqueur (your favorite)
- Preheat oven 350.
- Stir together 2 ½ c. graham cracker crumbs, butter and red pepper.
- Firmly press mixture on bottom and up sides of lightly greased 9” pie plate.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely.
- Stir together semisweet chocolate, pecan pieces and rest of graham cracker crumbs. Set aside ½ c. of this mixture to top the pie when done.
- Spread chocolate ice cream in bottom of cooled crust.
- Top with remaining chocolate pecan mixture. Freeze 30 minutes.
- Spread coffee ice cream over the chocolate mixture.
- Cover and freeze at least 8 hours.
- Beat whipping cream and coffee liqueur with electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Spread whipped cream mixture over pie and sprinkle with reserved ½ c. chocolate pecan mixture.
- Cover and freeze at least 2 hours or until whipped topping is firm.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.