TASTY GALETTE DE TOMATE2 ½ c. flour1 T. sugarSalt/black pepper1 c. cold butter, cut into…
½ lb. lump crabmeat
1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
¼ c. thinly sliced fresh chives
2 c. plus 2 T. panko bread crumbs, divided
1 T. lemon zest
2 T. fresh lemon juice
2 egg yolks
2 T. minced garlic
1 t. dry mustard
Salt, black pepper
1 c. whole buttermilk
1 c. flour
½ c. cornmeal
Peanut oil, for frying
- With paring knife, cut slit down length of each pepper. Remove seeds and membranes. You can peel if you like, not necessary. Set aside.
- In bowl, stir together crabmeat, cream cheese, chives, 2 T. bread crumbs, zest, lemon juice, egg yolks, garlic, mustard, salt and pepper with a fork.
- Spoon mixture into peppers. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs and buttermilk. In another bowl, stir together flour, cornmeal, salt, pepper. In third bowl, place the remaining bread crumbs.
- Pour oil into deep fryer and heat to 325. Line a rimmed baking sheet with paper towels.
- Toss peppers in flour mixture, shake off excess. Tip in egg mixture, let excess run off. Dredge in bread crumbs, shake of excess.
- Fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with SPICY DIPPING SAUCE or your favorite sauce.
SPICY DIPPING SAUCE
2 c. Miracle Whip or mayo
¼ c. dry mustard
¼ c. prepared creamy horseradish
Black pepper to taste
- In bowl, combine all ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to use.