|Smothered Pork Roast|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 1 (3-4 lb.) pork roast shoulder, stuffed and seasoned
- 1 (16-oz.) chopped onion mix
- 2 T. minced garlic
- 4 oz. pico de gallo or 1 can Ro-tel
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can mushroom steak sauce
- 1 carton fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 bunch chopped green onions
- Salt, red, black pepper, garlic powder
- Olive oil
- Season and stuff pork roast (you can usually get your butcher to do this or buy it already done)
- In medium roasting pot, heat olive oil that coats the bottom of pan.
- Brown roast on both sides.
- Remove from pan.
- Add onions, garlic, pico to pan. Saute for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add soup, steak sauce, mushrooms. Mix well.
- Add water half way up pot.
- Place meat back in pot. Simmer for 1 to 2 hours or until gravy has thicken and meat is tender.
- Add green onions at end. Season to taste.
*****Serve over rice or noodles. Leftovers can be pulled to make sandwiches.