Smothered Pepper Steak Plated Up
|Smothered Pepper Steak Plated Up|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- Olive oil
- 3 lb. eye of round cutlets (about 8 cutlets)
- Salt, red/black pepper, garlic powder
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 green bell peppers, sliced
- 1 T. garlic, minced
- 2 large Portabella Mushroom caps, gills removed and sliced
- 10-12 Roma Tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 T. sugar
- 1 (6-oz.) can mushroom steak sauce
- 1 c. white wine
- 2-3 c. water
- In medium pot, pour enough olive oil to cover the bottom. Heat over medium heat.
- Season cutlets and brown in olive oil until brown on each side. Remove from pot and place on tray.
- In pot, add onion, bell peppers and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add sugar and cook another 1 minute.
- Add the mushrooms, tomatoes, steak sauce, wine and water. Mix well.
- Place meat into pot. Simmer until tender. This takes about 30 minutes.
- Right before serving, take some more roma tomatoes and cut into chunks and place on top for garnish.
*****Serve with mashed potatoes or egg noodles. CHEESY RANCH AND BACON MASHED POTATOES
This Post Has 0 Comments