|Jumbo Lump Crabmeat Stuffed Crabs|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 1 lb. jumbo lump crabmeat, picked clean
- 1 lb. claw meat, picked clean
- 1 stick butter, melted
- ¼ c. chopped onion
- ¼ c. chopped celery
- ¼ c. chopped green onion
- 2 T. chopped parsley
- ¾ c. Miracle Whip or Mayo
- 2 T. Dijon mustard
- Creole seasoning to taste
- 1 T. Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ c. fresh lemon juice
- ½ c. saltine cracker crumbs
- Preheat oven 350. In microwave dish, melt butter. If you are using glass crab dishes, take some of the butter to coat the dish.
- Using 2 T. of butter, sauté onion and celery 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, toss in green onions and parsley, and set it aside.
- In separate mixing bowl whisk together mayo, mustard, seasoning, Worcestershire and lemon juice.
- Pour sauté veggies, ¼ c. saltine cracker crumbs, mayo mixture over crabmeat and gently fold together.
- Put some of the mixture into the crab shell holders and top with remaining cracker crumbs.
- Drizzle each with remaining butter and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until golden and bubbly.
*****This can also be done in a 13x9 casserole dish. You can also add other seafoods like shrimp or crawfish. I would chop these so they don’t take up too much space in the crab shell.