Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 2-3 quarts fresh okra, chopped
- 4-6 large fresh tomatoes
- 1 (16-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 T. minced garlic
- Olive oil
- Salt, red/black pepper, garlic powder
- Heat olive oil and sauté the onion until tender.
- Add rest of ingredients and mix well.
- Cook covered over medium heat for 30-45 minutes. Pour about 2-3 T. of vinegar. This helps to take the slime effect out. Stir occasionally and season to taste.
- When tender, serve.
- Cool leftovers and place in ziplock bags and freeze.
******When okra is in season make a bunch of this. You can add to gumbos, soups and other veggies like fresh corn.