|Smoked Salmon Tray with Caper Spread|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 1 -2 lb. smoked salmon (or amount that you need)
- 1 (8-oz.) container soft cream cheese
- ½ c. sour cream
- 1 T. dried dill
- 1 T. white pepper
- ¼-1/2 c. lemon juice
- 1 jar capers, drained
- ½ c. minced red onion
- Red tip lettuce leaves
- Lemon slices
- Wash lettuce, dry and refrigerate until needed.
- Blend cream cheese and sour cream until smooth.
- Add dill, pepper, lemon juice, capers, onion.
- Refrigerate until needed. Can be made at least 1 week ahead.
- To present: Get a nice long slim tray (sometimes you can buy trays that are shaped like fish—makes a nice presentation.
- Lay lettuce leaves across bottom of tray. Put caper sauce in serving bowl and nestle on the tray and cut the salmon into serving pieces that fit on your cracker and place on tray.
- Decorate with thin slices of lemon. Place with basket of crackers.
*****Sometimes I serve grated boiled egg with this dish. With the leftover salmon, I like to chop it up and mix in my deviled eggs.