Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 1-2 lbs. of chicken tenders, cut into 2” bite size pieces or leftover chicken cut into pieces
- 1 (16-oz.)container of chopped onions
- ½ c. fat free chicken broth or white wine
- ½ can fat free cream of chicken soup
- ½ can fat free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 carton of sliced mushrooms
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1 can diced green chilies
- 1 (8-oz.) container of fresh pico de gallo
- Fresh baby spinach, optional
- 2 boxes Mexican Rice Mix (I used Nueva Cocina Brand)
- 1 can rotel
- 1 can white shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 can Mexicorn, drained
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- Salt, red/black pepper, garlic powder
- 2 bags Mexican blend grated cheese
- Season chicken pieces and brown in large pot.
- Add chopped onions toward the end of cooking the chicken.
- Add the broth, soups, mushrooms, green onions, green chilies and pico de gallo to the chicken.
- Simmer about 5-8 minutes or until mixture thickens a bit.
- Cook rice according to box directions.
- Meanwhile in bowl, place corn, beans and rotel.
- When rice is done, add to bean mixture. Season.
- In 13x9” pan (this makes 2 pans), put layer of rice/bean/corn mixture.
- Lay fresh spinach over the beans if you want it. If not just skip this step.
- Place chicken mixture over it.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes if mixture was warm when you put in oven. Remove foil and finish baking until bubbly.
*****You can freeze after baking.