ASIAN EGG-NOODLE FRITTATA2 (3-oz.) pkg. Oriental-flavor ramen noodles, broken8 eggs, lightly beaten½ c. canned coconut…
Skillet Corn Bread with Figs, Feta and Rosemary
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 1 ½ c. yellow stone-ground cornmeal
- ¾ c. flour
- 2 T. sugar
- 1 T. baking powder
- 1 T. chopped rosemary leaves
- 1 t. kosher salt
- 1 c. plus 2 T. buttermilk
- 1 large eggs
- 8 small, plump dried Black Mission figs, cut into ½” pieces
- ½ c. crumbled feta cheese
- 3 T. butter, melted
- 1 T. vegetable oil
- Preheat oven 425. Heat 9 or 10” cast-iron skillet in oven for 10 minutes.
- In large bowl, whisk cornmeal with flour, sugar, baking powder, rosemary and salt.
- In medium bowl, whisk buttermilk with eggs.
- Pour milk mixture into dry ingredients, mixing gently.
- With a spatula, gently fold in figs, feta and melted butter.
- Remove skillet from oven. Add oil and swirl to coat the bottom and half way up sidies.
- Scrape batter into skillet and smooth the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until bread springs back when lightly pressed in center.
- Invert cornbread onto a rack and let cool for 10 minutes. Turn right side up.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
*****Great with soups and salads.