Shrimp Po-Boy with Creamy Cole Slaw
|Shrimp Po-Boy with Creamy Cole Slaw|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 2 dozen, peeled large raw shrimp (can leave tail on for effect)
- 2 c. milk
- 1 large egg
- ½ c. yellow mustard
- Targil Seafood rub
- Salt and red pepper
- 1 pkg. Targil Fish Fry
- Vegetable or peanut oil
- Peel shrimp, leaving tails on. Butterfly, season with seafood rub and extra salt and pepper if needed in a large bowl.
- Whisk together milk, egg, mustard and extra seasoning.
- Pour over shrimp and let stand 15 minutes to 1 hour.
- Combine fish fry with salt, red pepper and garlic powder.
- Dredge shrimp in fish fry mix. Shake off excess. Arrange on baking sheet.
- Pour oil about 3-4 inches n frying pan or dutch oven. Heat to 325.
- Fry in batches, 1 ½ minutes on each side or until golden brown. Do not overcrowd in pot.
- Drain on wire rack or paper towels.
*****If you prefer a more puffy fried shrimp, you can add 1 c. self-rising flour to fish fry. I also sometimes add a can of beer to the liquid part. Serve with hush puppies, cole slaw, tartar sauce or catsup. Leftovers make great po-boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This Post Has 0 Comments