Stuffed Piquante Peppers Save Print Recipe By: Alice Morrow Ingredients Assorted colors of…
1 lb. pkg. small type pasta, like elbow, etc.
3 ears fresh corn, shuck the kernels
1 c. chopped onion
1 (8-oz.) container fresh pico de gallo
1 carton of cherry tomatoes, halved
1 lb. fresh asparagus (those that come in steamer bags)
1-2 dozen large boiled or sauted shrimp, room temperature or heated.
1 bunch green onions, chopped
Salt, red/black pepper
Juice of 1 lemon
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and place back in pot and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and black pepper. Set aside and keep warm.
2. Cook asparagus according to package instructions and set aside.
3. In large skillet, drizzle bottom of pan with olive oil and place over medium heat.
4. Add chopped onion and corn in skillet until onions are tender.
5. Add the pico and tomatoes. Mix well.
6. Season to taste.
7. Stir in hot pasta. Mix well. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
8. Lay the shrimp and asparagus on top of the pasta mixture.
9. Squeeze fresh lemon juice all over the dish and green onions.
*****After you make your presentation of the dish, you can mix it to heat up the shrimp and asparagus more if you like.