UNBELIEVABLE CHOCOLATE STOUT CAKES1 ½ c. Stout beer½ c. heavy cream½ c. plus 2 T.…
SHOW-STOPPING BLACKBERRY JAM CAKE
2 ¾ c. flour
2 t. ground cinnamon
1 ½ t. baking soda
1 ½ t. baking powder
1 ½ t. ground cloves
1 ½ t. ground allspice
1 t. salt
2 c. sugar
1 ½ c. vegetable oil
1 ¼ c. seedless blackberry jam or preserves
2 t. vanilla
1 ½ c. whole buttermilk
1 c. finely chopped pecans or walnuts
1 c. golden raisins
3 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
¼ c. sugar
½ c. jarred caramel topping
½ c. heavy cream
¼ t. salt
1 t. finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- CAKE LAYERS: Preheat oven 350. Spray 3 (9’) round cake pans with PAM. Line bottoms with parchment paper.
- Whisk together first 7 ingredients in large bowl. Set aside.
- Place sugar and eggs in bowl of mixer fitted with whisk attachment. Beat on medium until thick and smooth (2-3 minutes).
- Change to paddle attachment. Add oil, jam and vanilla. Beat 1 minute until combined.
- Add half flour mixture to jam mixture. Beat on low speed for 30-45 seconds.
- Add buttermilk, beat low until combined.
- Add remaining flour, beat on low until smooth and combined.
- Fold in nuts and raisins. Divide batter between the 3 pans.
- Bake until edges of layers just starting to pull away from sides of pan and wooden pick inserted in middle comes out clean, 35-40 minutes.
- Rotate pans from top to bottom rack halfway through baking. Press gently on tops to flatten any doming; cool in pans. Remove from pans and place on wire racks and cool completely.
- FROSTING: Place cream cheese and sugar in bowl of mixer fitted with whisk attachment. Beat on medium-low speed until combined.
- Add caramel topping, beat until smooth.
- With mixer running, slowly pour in cream and add salt. Beat until thick and smooth. Mixture will look runny at first but will thicken as cream is whipped.
- Transfer about 2/3 of FROSTING to a piping bag.
- Place 1 cake layer on serving plate. Pipe frosting on top of layer, using a circular motion and starting from outside and gradually moving to the center. Repeat with remaining layers.
- Cover sides with frosting.
- Drag the back of a spoon in a side-by-side motion across the frosting for a textured look.
- Garnish with nuts and blackberries.