Sensational Stuffed Crabs
SENSATIONAL STUFFED CRABS
6 cleaned crab shells or oven type baking crab dishes
4 T. butter
2 T. olive oil
½ c. finely chopped Vidalia onion
¼ c. finely chopped celery
¼ c. finely chopped red bell pepper
1 T. minced garlic
Salt, red/black pepper
1 lb. jumbo lump crabmeat, picked over
¼ c. finely chopped parsley
1 egg, lightly beaten
½ c. panko bread crumbs or fine dried bread crumbs
Extra bread crumbs, garnish
6 T. heavy cream
6 pats cold butter
Juice of 2 lemons
Olive oil, to drizzle
- In a large skillet, heat the butter and olive oil.
- Add the onion, celery and bell pepper.
- Cook until soft, 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic and seasonings. Cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Gently fold in crabmeat, parsley, egg and more salt, red/black pepper, panko bread crumbs and the heavy cream.
- Stir well to combine.
- Evenly divide the crab mixture among the shells.
- Place the shells on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle additional bread crumbs across the top.
- Drizzle a little olive oil on top, place a pat of butter on top, squeeze some lemon juice on each crab (don’t overdo the juice).
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake in 350 oven 15-20 minutes until golden brown and heated through.