UNBELIEVABLE CHOCOLATE STOUT CAKES1 ½ c. Stout beer½ c. heavy cream½ c. plus 2 T.…
SEAFOOD STUFFED TILAPIA WITH TOMATOES, PEPPERS AND MUSHROOMS
2-4 medium sized tilapia fillets
1 small red onion, chopped
½ c. finely chopped green onions
1 T. minced garlic
1 stick butter
1 c. seasoned bread crumbs
2 c. boiled shrimp, chopped
2 c. lump crabmeat
3 T. chopped parsley
1 egg, beaten
1 (8-oz.) carton sliced mushrooms
6-8 mini peppers, sliced in rings
12-14 Campari tomatoes, halved or cherry tomatoes
Fresh lemon or lime juice
Tabasco to taste
Salt, red/black pepper
- In a large skillet, melt butter.
- Add the onions and garlic and saute until limp.
- Add the shrimp, crabmeat, parsley, egg and bread crumbs. Gently mix well.
- Season with salt, red/black pepper and Tabasco, if desired. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Take each fish and season and drizzle with olive oil on all sides.
- In an oven-proof grill pan, spray with PAM.
- Layer the sliced mushrooms in bottom on pan.
- Place the fish fillets on top of mushrooms.
- Place as much of the seafood stuffing you desire on each fish. If your fish is thick enough, you might want to slice the belly of fish and stuff it in, but if thin, just place on top.
- Around the fish in grill pan, place the mini peppers and tomatoes.
- Drizzle with olive oil and squeeze fresh lemon juice all over the fish and veggies.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Put lemon slices on top of the fish fillets.
- Place in 375 oven and cook 25-30 minutes or until fish is done. It will depend on thickness of fish.
- Serve additional lemon slices if needed.