SOPHISTICATED CHOCOLATE BOURBON BALLS1 ¼ c. crushed chocolate wafer cookies1 c. powdered sugar2/3 c. toasted…
|Savory Curried Pumpkin and Crawfish Bisque|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
Savory Curried Pumpkin and Crawfish Bisque
- ½ c. olive oil
- 2 c. chopped onion
- 1 c. chopped red bell pepper
- 1 c. chopped celery
- ¼ c. minced garlic
- 1 c. flour
- 8 c. seafood stock
- 2 c. fresh corn kernels
- 1 lb. crawfish tails
- ¼ c. Steen’s cane syrup
- 2 T. curry powder
- 1 (15-oz.) can unsweetened pumpkin
- 1 c. heavy whipping cream
- 1 T. Champagne vinegar
- Kosher salt/black pepper
- Sage, garnish
- In Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, pepper, celery and garlic. Stir frequently and cook until tender.
- Add flour, stirring until combined.
- Add stock, corn, crawfish, syrup and curry powder.
- Bring to boil.
- Whisk in pumpkin and return to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add cream, vinegar and season with salt and pepper, stirring until combined.
- Garnish with fresh sage.