EASY HOMEMADE IRISH CREAM1 T. instant espresso powder1 T. best-quality Dutch-process cocoa powder1 (14-oz.) can…
|Sauteed Spinach|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 3-4 shallots, minced finely
- ½ red onion, sliced thinly
- olive oil
- 2 bags of fresh baby spinach
- balsamic vinegar
- fresh lemon
- salt and pepper
- In large skillet or pot, heat about 2-3 T. olive oil. Add shallots and onions, and saute.
- You need a larger pot than you think to put the spinach in. Yes, it looks like a large amount of spinach but cooks down to barely 2 cups.
- Add spinach, lower heat, mix onions and spinach. Cover and let simmer for 3-5 minutes. Does not take long.
- When done take spinach and place into your serving dish. Add salt and pepper, squeeze fresh lemon juice, a little olive oil and about 2-3 T. vinegar. Taste and make adjustments.
- You can reheat in microwave or in oven.
*****Leftovers: I am going to use this in a later recipe but basically you add non fat cream cheese and your favorite grated cheese and place in large portabella mushrooms and serve as a side or you can stuff small mushrooms as appetizers. I also like to take fresh tomatoes and slice pretty thick and drizzle olive oil and season and place a layer of the creamy spinach. All these are just baked in oven at 325 until bubbly and hot.
This Post Has 0 Comments