Saute Shrimp with Pasta
|Saute Shrimp with Pasta|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 1-2 lbs. of medium fresh shrimp, season with salt, red/black pepper and garlic powder
- 1 medium red onion, sliced thinly
- ½ of each of the following: red, yellow, orange, green bell pepper
- 1 large banana pepper
- ½ of carton of baby portabella mushrooms, more if you like
- 1 carton cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 can Rotel
- Fresh parsley
- Fresh chopped green onions
- Thin pasta like linguini or vermicelli or tubular pasta
- Olive oil
- Pesto sauce
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- Fresh parmesan chees
- In large stock pot, boil pasta according to directions. Drain and place back in pot and add olive oil to keep from sticking. Place to the side.
- In large skillet, heat about 1-2 T. olive oil.
- Add shrimp and start to sauté. Do not overcook.
- About a minute after you add shrimp, add the onion, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes and Rotel. Blend well.
- Add ⅓ c. pesto sauce. Squeeze lemon juice. Taste for seasoning.
- Simmer until everything is cooked.
- You can either blend in pasta or serve over pasta.
- Sprinkle with cheese when serving.
*****I usually like to serve it over pasta first. Then with leftovers, I like to blend the two and add some steamed veggies like broccoli, asparagus, snow peas, etc. and put into baking casserole dish. Cover with foil and heat in oven to serve. Serve with a nice salad and you have another meal.
This Post Has 0 Comments