REFRESHING WATERMELON GRANITA6 c. chopped seedless watermelon¼ c. sugar¼ c. fresh lime juice½ t. kosher…
SAUTED PORTABELLA MUSHROOMS AND RED ONION WITH FIG/JALAPENO PEPPER JELLY RED WINE REDUCTION SAUCE
2 lbs. of portabella mushroom caps, remove gills, cut into slices
2 large red onions, thinly sliced
2 T. minced garlic
3 T. butter
2 T. olive oil
1/3 c. red wine
½ c. Fig Jalapeno Pepper Jelly Red Wine Reduction Sauce—See Recipe
1 T. fresh chopped thyme or 2 t. dried thyme
Salt, black pepper to taste
- Prep the mushrooms and red onion.
- In large skillet, heat butter and olive oil.
- Saute onions first until soft. Add the mushrooms and garlic. Cook until tender.
- Stir in red wine and fig/jalapeno sauce.
- Add the thyme and seasonings.
- Heat over low heat until hot.
*Serve over your favorite steak, pork, chicken or with mashed potatoes.