Saute Black Beans and Yellow Rice
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- Spicy Black Beans
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 c. chopped onions
- 2 T. minced garlic
- ½ green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- ¼ c. olive oil
- Salt and black pepper, garlic powder to taste
- 1 t. cumin
- 2 T. sugar
- ¼ c. Pantano Cooking wine (or your favorite)
- ¼ c. Balsamic vinegar
- Green onion, parsley or cila
- 2 boxes of your favorite yellow rice
- In pot, heat olive oil and sauté onions, peppers and garlic until tender. Blend in sugar.
- Add in black beans and rest of ingredients and heat through.
- Season to taste.
- Prepare rice according to pkg.
- When serving, place beans in a bowl that will sit on a larger platter/plate. Then place the yellow rice around the beans. Makes for great presentation.
*****With leftover of beans and yellow rice, I like to add leftover crawfish etouffee, corn and stuff bell peppers or tomatoes. You can also use shrimp or ground meat if you prefer. If you do not have leftover etouffee just sauté some crawfish in a skillet, season and add to the beans and rice. 6. Garnish with green onions, parsley or cilantro.