UNBELIEVABLE CHOCOLATE STOUT CAKES1 ½ c. Stout beer½ c. heavy cream½ c. plus 2 T.…
SATISFYING CRAWFISH NICOISE SALAD
2/3 c. good quality olive oil
½ c. fresh lemon juice
¼ c. minced shallot
1 T. Creole mustard
1 T. fresh thyme leaves
Kosher salt/black pepper
1 t. sugar
1 lb. cooked crawfish tails
½ lb. fingerling potatoes, halved
½ lb. French green beans, trimmed
1 (6-oz.) pkg. fresh mixed greens or your favorite greens
6 boiled eggs, quartered
1 c. cherry tomatoes, halved
½ c. pitted kalamata olives
Fresh thyme leaves, garnish
- In bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, shallot, mustard, thyme, sugar, salt and pepper.
- In another bowl, toss crawfish with 2 T. of the vinaigrette. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- In large saucepan, bring potatoes to boil in salted water. Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer until tender, 8-10 minutes.
- With slotted spoon, remove potatoes to a medium bowl.
- Add 2 T. of vinaigrette to potatoes, toss to coat. Set aside.
- Prepare an ice water bath.
- In saucepan of boiling water, cook beans until crisp-tender, 2-4 minutes. Using tongs, transfer beans to water bath to stop the cooking process.
- Drain and pat dry.
- Transfer beans to another bowl. Add 2 T. vinaigrette and toss to coat.
- To serve: Place mixed greens on a platter or in bowls.
- Arrange crawfish mixture, potato mixture, green bean mixture, eggs, tomatoes and olives over the top.
- Serve with remaining vinaigrette. Garnish with fresh thyme.