Stuffed Piquante Peppers Save Print Recipe By: Alice Morrow Ingredients Assorted colors of…
3 T. minced shallots
1 T. minced garlic
1 T. tomato paste
Juice of 1 lemon
8 oz. shelled small shrimp, chopped
Salt, red/black pepper
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
½ c. Miracle Whip or mayo
2 T. prepared horseradish
Zest of 1 lemon
1. Drizzle bottom of saute pan with olive oil and place over medium heat.
2. Add shallots and garlic and cook until shallots soften.
3. Stir in tomato paste and cook until slightly darkens.
4. Deglaze pan with lemon juice, scraping up any brown bits.
5. Season shrimp with salt, red/black pepper and add to pan.
6. Cook until shrimp are firm, about 2-3 minutes. Cool slightly.
7. Beat cream cheese, mayo, catsup, horseradish and zest in a bowl with hand mixer until smooth.
8. Stir in shrimp mixture and season more if needed.
9. Serve with chips or crackers.