CREAMIEST ORANGE DREAMSICLE SMOOTHIE1 c. Greek yogurt2/3 c. ice cubes½ c. chopped peeled ripe mango,…
RIBOLLITA, SLOW-COOKER STYLE
4 medium carrots, rough chop
4 celery stalks, rough chop
3 c. sliced green cabbage
6 oz. pancetta, diced
1 c. dried cannellini beans, picked over and rinsed
¼ c. tomato paste
½ c. grated parmesan cheese, plus 2” piece of the rind
Salt, black pepper
5 thick slices of crusty bread
¼ c. chopped fresh parsley
3 T. extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
2 T. minced garlic
- Combine carrots, celery, cabbage, pancetta, beans, tomato paste, parmesan rind, salt, pepper and 7 c. of water to a 6 quart crock pot.
- Cover and cook on LOW 7-8 hours.
- Leave 1 slice of bread at room temperature to dry out slightly.
- Before serving, add stale bread to crock pot.
- Cover and continue to cook, about 10 minutes.
- Stir soup well, add grated parmesan cheese and parsley. Season to taste.
- Preheat broiler.
- Spread remaining 4 bread slices on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Broil until golden on both sides.
- Place each slice in a bowl.
- Heat 3 T. of olive oil and garlic in a medium skillet. Cook, swirling the pan frequently, until the garlic is golden brown.
- Stir the garlic and oil into soup.
- Ladle soup over the bread in the bowls.
*Place extra grated parmesan cheese in a bowl, optional.