Quick and Easy Liver Pate
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- ¼ c. dried tart cherries
- 2 slices thick-cut bacon
- 3 T. finely chopped shallots
- 1 t. finely chopped fresh thyme
- Salt, black pepper, to taste
- 1 T. minced garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 T. cognac
- ¼ c. whipped cream cheese
- 8 oz. liverwurst
- 3 T. chopped unsalted dry-roasted pistachios, optional
- Place cherries in small saucepan with just enough water to cover them.
- Bring to a simmer. Cook 3 minutes or until soft.
- Drain, cool slightly and finely chop.
- Cook bacon in skillet until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, reserving 1 T. drippings in pan.
- Finely chop bacon.
- Add shallots, thyme, salt, pepper, garlic and bay leaf to drippings in pan.
- Cook 2 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cognac, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- Remove and reserve bay leaf.
- Place shallot mixture, cream cheese and liverwurst in food processor. Process until smooth.
- Place in a small bowl. Stir in bacon and cherries.
- Place bay leaf on top of pate.
- Cover surface of pate with plastic wrap.
- Chill for at least 8 hours.
- Sprinkle with pistachios before serving, if desired.