OREO SURPRISESOreosPeanut butter1 box of your favorite Brownie Mix Preheat oven to 350.Place paper cupcake…
6 quail, stuffed with fresh green sausage (I bought these at Rouses’ Supermarket in Lafayette, LA)
1 (8-oz.) container chopped onion mix
½ of each color bell pepper (red, yellow, orange, green)
1 (8-oz.) container baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
1 (6-oz.) can mushroom steak sauce
½ c. red wine
1/3 c. Steen Syrup
Salt, red/black pepper
1 bunch chopped green onions
1. Preheat oven 375.
2. In a medium size oven-roasting pan, pour enough canola oil to cover bottom but not too deep.
3. Heat over medium heat.
4. Season the quail.
5. Brown the quail in the heated oil on all sides. Remove from pot and drain off excess oil.
6. Keeping pot over medium heat, add the onion mix and bell peppers.
7. Saute until soft.
8. Add the syrup and wine and cook for about 2 minutes.
9. Add the mushrooms and mushroom steak sauce and stir well.
10. Add enough water to loosen up the gravy.
11. Add the browned quail. Add more water so that the liquid slightly covers the quail.
12. Cover and place in oven.
13. Roast in oven for about 1-1 ½ hours. Check occasionally to make sure the liquid does not cook out too fast and the gravy becomes too thick. Just add more water if needed.
14. Remove from oven. Check to see if quail is tender.
15. Garnish with chopped green onions and serve with hot rice.