REFRESHING FROZEN LEMONADE1/3 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice1/3 c. sugar1 c. water½ c. ice cubes4…
Oven-Roasted Stuffed Cornish Hens with Veggies (Counter Top Oven Roaster)
4-6 cornish hens
Hickory smoked bacon
1 lb. bag baby carrots
1 (8-oz.) carton whole mushrooms
1 1/2 lb. baby Yukon gold potatoes
1-2 onions, quartered
8-10 mini multi colored bell peppers, seeded and cut into halves
Salt, red/black pepper/garlic powder
1 qt. chicken stock or broth
1 (6-oz.) can mushroom steak sauce
1 (10-oz.) can Rotel
1 (10 ¾-oz.) can cream of chicken soup or mushroom
2-3 T. liquid crab boil
1 (.87-oz.) packet of McCormick’s dry Onion Gravy mix
Green onions, garnish
- Take bacon and wrap around a piece of onion and 2 of bell peppers.
- Season Cornish hens, inside and outside.
- Stuffed the bacon wraps into cavity of hens.
- Spray the counter top oven roaster with PAM.
- Place rack inside of roaster and spray also.
- Preheat roaster for 15 minutes at 350.
- Lay hens inside the roaster.
- Spread the potatoes, carrots and mushrooms around the top of hens.
- In a bowl, combine the stock, steak sauce, rotel, soup, crab boil and onion gravy mix.
- Mix well.
- Pour over the hens and veggies.
- Cover and cook 1-2 hours. Try not to open roaster too much. Escaped heat requires the roaster to heat up again.
- When done, lift rack with the hens and veggies.
- You can thicken gravy with Wondra.
- Garnish with chopped green onions.
*Serve with hot buttered noodles or rice.
This Post Has 0 Comments