|Orzo Pasta Salad with Asparagus Shrimp and Cherry Tomatoes|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 1 ½ -2 lbs. of medium shrimp
- 1 bundle of fresh asparagus, washed and just use the tips (no longer than 6”)
- 1 pt. of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2-3 c. cooked multi-color orzo pasta
- Olive oil
- Worcestershire sauce
- Italian dressing
- Salt/black pepper/garlic powder
- Parmesan cheese
- Prep the asparagus. You want just the tips and part of the stem. I like 3-4” long.
- Also prep cherry tomatoes.
- Place the veggies in a large bowl. Season with salt, black pepper and garlic powder. Also drizzle with some olive oil and some of the Italian dressing. Mix well. Set aside.
- In skillet, put some olive oil in bottom. Season shrimp and sauté them in the hot oil. Cook until pink.
- Meanwhile, in large pot, bring some water to boil and add salt and olive oil. Add orzo and cook until tender. Does not take very long.
- When the shrimp are done, pour over the veggies. Mix well and cover with foil. You want the steam to sort of cook the asparagus.
- When the pasta is done, add the amount you like to the shrimp mixture. Mix well.
- Season to taste. Add about ¼ c. Worcestershire sauce and drizzle more olive oil and add the Italian dressing to make it sort of moist. Do not make soggy.
- Mix well and immediately cover with foil. The heat from the shrimp and pasta will help soften up the asparagus.
- When ready to eat, just remove foil and mix again. You can sprinkle with parmesan cheese if you like.