FANCY PARMESAN CARROTS WITH LEMON-PARSLEY DRESSING½ c. water¼ c. chopped shallots1 lb. medium carrots, cut…
|Easy Key Lime Pie|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 (14-oz.) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- ½ c. fresh lime juice
- Several drops of green food coloring, optional
- 1 (9”) unbaked pie crust
- ½ t. cream of tartar
- ⅓ c. sugar
- Slices of fresh lime, garnish
- Preheat oven 325.
- With mixer, beat egg yolks in medium sized bowl.
- Gradually beat in condensed milk and lime juice. Add food coloring if needed.
- Pour into pie crust. Bake 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for meringue, with clean beaters, beat egg whites with cream of tartar to soft peaks.
- Gradually beat in sugar, 1 T. at a time.
- Beat 4 minutes longer until stiff, glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- Remove pie from oven. Increase temperature to 350.
- Immediately spread meringue over hot pie, carefully sealing to edge of crust.
- Bake 15 minutes until the tips of meringue turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool for 1 hour.
- Place in refrigerator and chill for at least 3 hours.
- You can use lime slices to garnish whole pie for presentation or each slice.