CREAMIEST ORANGE DREAMSICLE SMOOTHIE1 c. Greek yogurt2/3 c. ice cubes½ c. chopped peeled ripe mango,…
OPRAH’S FAVORITE KALE AND FARRO SOUP
1 T. olive oil
1 small yellow onion finely chopped
1 leek, white and light green parts only, halved and rinsed and thinly sliced
2 medium carrots, diced
2 celery stalks, diced
2 c. pearled farro, rinsed and drained
1 lb. peeled butternut squash, cubed
8 c. chicken stock
1 (14-oz.) can diced tomatoes
1 (3”) Parmesan rind, plus freshly grated parmesan for garnish
1 bay leaf
1 t. dried thyme
Kosher salt, black pepper to taste
6-8 oz. green curly fresh kale, stems removed and rough chopped
- In large pot, heat olive oil.
- Add onion and leek and cook until softened, 3-4 minutes.
- Add carrots and celery, cook another 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in farro, followed by squash, stock, tomatoes, rind, bay leaf, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer and cook, partially uncovered, until farro and squash are tender, 30-35 minutes.
- Stir in kale and cook until tender, 2-3 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Serve and garnish with freshly grated parmesan cheese.