Stuffed Piquante Peppers Save Print Recipe By: Alice Morrow Ingredients Assorted colors of…
4-6 lbs. pork backbone pieces
1 (16-oz.) container chopped onions
1 of each color bell pepper, cut into strips (red, yellow, orange, green)
1 (8-oz.) container sliced mushrooms
2 T. minced garlic
2 yams, cut into large diced sizes (can leave peeling on if desired)
1 (12-oz.) bag of baby carrots or waffle-cut style carrots
1 can tomato soup
2 T. Kitchen Bouquet
1 c. beef or chicken broth
Salt, red/black pepper
Chopped fresh parsley
- In large pot, pour enough olive oil to cover bottom of the pot. Heat over medium heat.
- Season meat and dust with flour.
- Brown in olive oil until golden brown on all sides. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Drain off excess oil.
- Add the chopped onions and bell peppers. Cook until tender.
- Add mushrooms and garlic. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the soup, broth, Kitchen bouquet and blend well.
- Add the yams and carrots.
- Add enough water to loosen up the mixture.
- Place the pork into the pot. Make sure there is enough water to cover the meat. If needed, add more water.
- Place cover on but leave a space open on top to allow steam to escape.
- Simmer until the meat is tender. If it becomes too thick, just add more water.
- Season to taste.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.