Stuffed Piquante Peppers Save Print Recipe By: Alice Morrow Ingredients Assorted colors of…
1 bag of tri-color spiral pasta
1 (15-oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 bag frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and rinsed in hot water, drained
1 (8-oz.) block sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
1 (8-oz.) block Monterey Jack cheese, cubed
1 (8-oz.) block Swiss cheese, cubed
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 lb. bag baby carrots, chopped
1-2 lbs. small to medium shrimp, boiled
1 bottle fat free Italian Parmesan Dressing
1 bottle fat free Ranch or 1000 Isle Dressing (or your favorite dressing)
- Boil shrimp in water that is seasoned with salt, red/black pepper, garlic powder, lemon juice, liquid crab boil. Just adjust to your taste buds. Drain and set aside.
- Boil pasta in salted water, drain and drizzle with a little olive oil, to keep from sticking.
- Place shrimp and pasta in large bowl.
- Place frozen mixed vegetables and run hot water over them to help defrost and drain.
- To shrimp, pasta add the beans, mixed vegetables, celery and carrots. Mix well.
- Add bottle dressing. Season to taste. Chill
*Sometimes you have to add a little more dressing when serving because the pasta absorbs the dressing. You can also add artichoke hearts, olives, pimento, cherry tomatoes and other veggies of your choice.
You can also use other dressings that you like.