Tart Lemon Cheese Cake Tart Lemon Cheese Cake Save Print Tart Lemon Cheese Cake…
Mr. Pat's Famous Baked Duck with Yams
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 1 stick oleo
- 4 cleaned ducks (teal, wood ducks, mallards, etc.)
- 4 slices bacon
- ¼ of an onion and green bell pepper per duck
- 1 c. chopped onions
- ½ c. chopped green bell peppers
- 1 T. minced garlic
- Salt, red pepper, garlic powder
- 1 (8-oz.) sliced mushrooms
- Steen’s Cane Syrup
- 2-3 large yams, sliced into thick pieces (unpeeled)
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- Parsley, optional
- Season ducks with salt, red pepper and garlic powder (inside and outside.)
- Take ¼ onion and bell pepper and wrap with bacon and place in cavity of duck.
- In a heavy roaster, melt oleo over low heat. Add enough
- Brown ducks on all sides. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Drain off excess oil.
- Place roaster back over heat, add the cane syrup to cover bottom of pot. Return ducks and brown a little more . You can drizzle extra syrup over ducks as you brown them.
- Remove ducks again.
- Now add the onions, bell peppers and garlic and about ¼ c. water. Saute until they are soft. Add mushrooms.
- Place ducks back in breast side down. Add water that comes about ¾ the way up.
- Place in 375 oven, covered and bake 1 ½-2 hours. Check for tenderness and you may have to add additional water if it gets too thick.
- When you have about 20 minutes left, take the thick slices of yams and place them in the gravy around the ducks. Cover and put back in oven.
- Remove from oven and add the green onions and parsley.
- Serve over hot rice.