SOPHISTICATED CHOCOLATE BOURBON BALLS1 ¼ c. crushed chocolate wafer cookies1 c. powdered sugar2/3 c. toasted…
|Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 2 sticks butter, also some to butter ramekin cups
- 4 t. sugar
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of cayenne
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 6 (1-oz.) squares of bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 6 (1-oz.) squares of semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 c. all purpose flour
- 2 ½ c. powdered sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 6 large egg yolks
- 2 t. vanilla
- ½ t. almond extract
- Preheat oven 400. Butter 8 ramekin dishes (6-oz. size).
- Sprinkle each up with ½ t. of regular sugar.
- In saucepan, combine butter, cinnamon, cayenne, nutmeg and chocolate over low heat until melted and blended. Stir frequently. Cool slightly.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, powdered sugar, eggs, yolks, vanilla and almond extract until creamy.
- Add melted chocolate to batter and whisk together.
- Pour into prepared ramekins.
- Bake cakes until top is stiff and cracked and edges are dark, about 12-14 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes.
- Loosen edges of cake with small paring knife.
- Invert onto plates while warm.
- Serve with cool whip, ice cream, berries and shaved chocolate.
*****For a change: After spooning batter into ramekins, press a Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup into the center. Smooth the batter over the top and bake as usual. You can experiment with different selections of candy. These freeze very well.