SIMPLY IRRESISTIBLE SMOKY GRILLED VEGGIESSoaked wood chips4 ears of sweet corn, shucked1 of each color…
MELT IN YOUR MOUTH SLOW COOKER SANTA FE MEATLOAF
1 ½ lbs. lean ground turkey
2/3 c. plus 2 T. milk red enchilada sauce, divided
½ c. quick oats
½ c. chopped green onions
1/3 c. plus 1 T. fresh corn kernels, divided
6 T. canned black beans, rinsed, drained and divided
½ c. chopped fresh cilantro
2 t. ground cumin
Kosher salt, black pepper
1 t. onion powder
1 (4-oz.) can chopped green chiles, drained well
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 T. minced garlic
1/3 c. shredded Mexican cheese blend
1-2 fresh jalapeno, seeded and thinly sliced
Cilantro leaves, garnish
- Cut parchment paper to 15 x 9 1//2” to form a sling to allow you to easily insert and remove meatloaf from slow cooker.
- Combine turkey, 2 T. enchilada sauce, oats, onions, 1/3 c. corn, ¼ c. black beans, chopped cilantro, cumin, onion powder, chiles, egg, garlic, salt and pepper.
- With clean hands, mix well and shape into 9×5” oval loaf flattened slightly on top.
- Place loaf into parchment paper.
- While holding edges of paper, carefully insert into 6 quart slow cooker. Cover (make sure paper is inserted inside and not sticking out) and cook on LOW for 6 hours or on HIGH for 3 hours.
- Pull loaf out of cooker using the sling edges and set aside.
- Wipe parchment clean, drain liquid from bottom of slow cooker.
- Return loaf to cooker, still inside paper.
- Cover loaf with remaining enchilada sauce, cheese, jalapeno, remaining corn and black beans.
- Cover and cook on HIGH until cheese is melted, about 8-10 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves.
- Remove loaf and cut into 12 slices.