REFRESHING FROZEN LEMONADE1/3 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice1/3 c. sugar1 c. water½ c. ice cubes4…
Maw- Maw’s Chocolate Almond Tart
|Maw- Maw's Chocolate Almond Tart|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 4 T. unsalted butter, cut into small pieces at room temperature
- 2 T. butter for coating springform pan
- 12 chocolate covered graham crackers
- 1 (2-oz.) bag of slivered almonds
- ¾ c. heavy cream
- ¼ c. honey
- 12 oz. bag of mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven 350.
- Put the crackers and almonds in food processor and process until mixture forms fine crumbs.
- Add the butter and pulse until mixed and forms a ball.
- Take the 2 T. butter and rub the bottom and sides of a 9” springform pan.
- Press crumb mixture into bottom of pan.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until set.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in saucepan, whisk the cream and honey together over low heat until honey dissolves. Increase heat and bring mixture to just below a boil for a few minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Place chocolate chips in bowl and pour cream mixture over it.
- Stir until chips are melted.
- Pour the chocolate over the cooled cake.
- Cover and refrigerate overnite.
- When ready to serve, loosen pan and remove. Cut into wedges and serve with whipped cream.
*****I remember eating this as a child. It takes basic ingredients and very fast to fix. You can change up the chips to peanut butter, etc.
This Post Has 0 Comments