6 (1” thick) bone-in pork rib chops
1 (10-oz.) jar pepper jelly
½ c. Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
Salt, red/black pepper
RED WINE BASTING SAUCE
Chopped green onions
1. In a small saucepan, combine ½ of the jar of pepper jelly and the vinegar. Whisk over low heat until dissolved.
2. Season the pork chops with salt and black pepper on both sides.
3. Pour the marinade into a glass baking dish that will hold all six chops.
4. Sprinkle over the top of the marinade with some Worcestershire sauce. Mix well.
5. Place the chops into the marinade and flip to coat all sides.
6. Cover with saran wrap and place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
7. When ready to grill, let chops sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
8. Heat the RED WINE BASTING SAUCE and add the remaining pepper jelly to it. Whisk until well blended.
9. Grill the chops over medium-high heat, 2-4 minutes per each side or until internal temp is 160.
10. Remove from grill. Serve the basting sauce on the side and garnish chops with chopped green onions.
RED WINE REDUCTION BASTING SAUCE
1 bottle of red wine (inexpensive or if you have any leftover wine just dump them altogether.)
1 stick butter
1 onion, diced
½ c. honey
½ c. balsamic vinegar
1. Saute onion in butter.
2. Add wine and reduce by ½.
3. Add honey and vinegar, let simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
4. Cool and place in smaller containers and refrigerate.
*****Use to baste during grilling and after. I use this on pork, lamb and duck breasts.