WONDERFUL WATERMELON MINT ICED TEA1 watermelon (to make 2 c. of melon juice)2 mint tea…
Alice’s Crab Stew
|Alice's Crab Stew|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
Alice's Crab Stew
- 1 c. of Roux in jar.
- 9 c. warm water
- 2 c. chopped onions
- 1 c. chopped red bell pepper
- 1 c. chopped green bell pepper
- 3 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 T. minced garlic
- 3 T. tomato paste (I used tube type.)
- Olive oil
- 2 dozen boiled crabs, cleaned and body split in half
- 1 lb. back fin crabmeat
- 1-2 bunches chopped green onions
- Salt, red/black pepper
- In large saucepan, place 9 cups of warm water and place over low heat.
- Dissolve the roux in the warm water. Do not let boil.
- In large pot, drizzle olive oil to coat bottom of pot.
- Heat oil and add onions, bell peppers and tomatoes. Cook until tender.
- Add garlic and tomato paste. Cook another 5 minutes. Want this to be really soft and almost broken up but not real mushy.
- Pour the hot roux over the veggies. Simmer for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add the crab bodies and simmer for 5 minutes. Taste for seasoning. The degree of seasoning that your boiled crabs will determine how much to add.
- Add the back fin crabmeat. Stir in. Simmer another 5 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions.
*****Serve over hot rice, with boiled eggs and file.
This Post Has 0 Comments